Home » Victorian » Coffin locket
Coffin locket
This is a Victorian coffin locket. That fact that I can use the words "coffin" and "locket" together in the same sentence makes me deliriously happy. What a brilliant way to use a funerary motif in mourning jewelry! The little compartment here would have been perfect for a lock of hair. I don't have a will yet (I probably should) but when I write it, I might request that a bit of money be used to make mourning jewelry for my close friends and family. A little engraved locket like this would be so lovely, I think.
Image courtesy of the Victoria and Albert Museum
Popular Post
-
REPLIKA EMBLEM BSA, GAZELLE TUA, JUNCKER, LOCOMOTIEF, HERO, HIMA, BATAVUS, GAZELLE, RAELIGH, HUMBER, BATAVUS LAMBANG SLEBOR BELAKANG, EDIEE ...
-
Alkisah, kaisar Chen Ming Hua dari China menghadiahkan peraduan yang terbuat dari batu Giok Serpentinit kepada Sultan Syarief Hidayatullah T...
-
Jerigen Besi SHELL Jadul Bahan : Plat Besi Kapasitas : 30 Liter Dimensi : 47 Cm X 35 Cm X 14 Cm Deskripsi : Jerigen Besi SHELL ...
-
FRAME HIMA POLISI Frame Hima Polisi, ukuran 22/55 Frame Hima Polisi ukuran 22/55, Mahar 230rb FRAME MARS GERAMNY Frame Mars Germany, ukuran ...
-
Pisau Carl Schlieper (Solingen-Germany) Eye Brand , atau terkadang juga disebut Germany Eye , diproduksi di Solingen, Germany oleh keluarga...
-
LAMPU MILLER BATOK KONDISI KROM MASIH BAGUS, 350RB LAMPU BATOK MULLARD, 300RB LAMPU BERKO MADE IN GERMANY LAMPU BERKO MADE IN GERMANY KACA O...

No comments:
Post a Comment