Babble, babble


I got a bit of good news right about this time last week. I found out that I was selected as one of Babble's Top 50 Etsy Parents! I'm #19 on the list and ranked #2 in the Vintage category. I did about 10 seconds of maaaaajoor fist pumping at my desk and then 2 minutes of good old-fashioned crying. I've considered closing the shop so many times this year. I even have a blog post announcing the shop's last day all drafted and ready to go. But every time I got ready to hit Publish (which was about five times in the last ten months) something held me back. Mostly stubbornness, I think. Anyway, this little recognition is a vote of confidence in the direction of toughing it out and staying in the game. And I'm grateful for that.

I know a lot of moms - not included in this list - who are working hard to raise children full-time and also keep a shop going. I am planning to nominate a few of my favorite mom-run Etsy shops to be considered for next years contest. If you have a favorite, here's how you can throw their hat in the ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post