Un petit voyage


Mamie, Fred Jr, & Fred Duffelmeyer, ca.1909 | grandpa & great grandparents

Mamie (black dress) and my grandpa (kid #6) with family and friends, ca. 1912

Miriam and Fred Duffelmeyer, 1937 | my grandma and grandpa

Tomorrow I leave for a week on a trip that I've been planning in my mind for almost two years. I'm headed to Missouri and Kansas to accomplish the following:

❥ visit my Grandma | The most important stop! My Grandma Miriam turned 95 in September. She married my grandpa in 1937. They were such a handsome couple!

❥do genealogy research | Both my grandparents have pioneer roots in those parts, so I'm hoping to find some great information at the local libraries and historical societies. You can bet I'm taking a roll of dimes for making copies, too. Disclosure: Genealogy is my big-time hobby - really, it is just a very personal kind of antiquing.

❥ go antiquing/rendez-vous with a couple of etsy buddies | I've got a long list of spots to scout for Jean Jean Vintage treasures on my roadtrip. I also get to meet up with a couple of etsy friends who are about to become real life friends! Super exciting.

❥ visit a chocolate maker | A vestige of my former job (chocolate/confectionery buyer), I'm going to spend the better part of a day working at the Askinosie Chocolate factory. I'm sure an unreasonable amount of chocolate will be enjoyed during my shift.

Family, genealogy, antiquing, etsy pals, chocolate - pretty much my five favorite things! Stay tuned for posts from the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post