The ways to my heart


It is Valentine's Day and I've been thinking about love. I realized that there are a few direct paths to my heart - things I find so endearing that they are sure to win me over every time. In no particular order (and by no means exhaustive!):

Bake me homemade cookies, preferably shortbread. This is a good recipe.
Be a good doggie owner / be lovey to pets / kiss your pets a lot.
Brew me a perfect cup of coffee, like an Americano with warm cream.
Tell me that you love the movie The Three Amigos (an impression earns you extra points here)
Share an amazing music mix with me.
Gift me a scarf, like this one or this one or this one.
Keep a bunch of old family photos in your house and know all of the people in them.
Collect something old, like dishes, jewelry, ephemera . . . anything that shows a love for the past.
Dress like Annie Hall and/or wear cool (prescription) glasses.
Donate to a charity in your community, like a food bank or the Humane Society.
Admit that you wish you were from Iowa or wear one of these t-shirts.
Talk about how much you love the North Shore of Lake Superior.
Invite me to stay in your cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior (I know you have one!)
Visit your grandma/grandpa/older relatives if you are lucky enough to have them in your life.
Be an adorable, sleeping baby (like Severen!)

Do you have a list like this? What is on it? I would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post