Two birds with one stone


This post has two purposes. First, to oblige my mom's request for a belly pic this week (hi mom!) and second, to show you this cameo locket. I found it in a dusty cigar box behind the desk of an antique booth in Iowa. I was sitting cross-legged on dirty, rough carpet, thirsty, sneezing, wondering if I should leave and then . . . there she was! A Victorian Revival celluloid/glass cameo mounted on an enameled frame. The enamel has wobbly, zebra-like stripes and gilt flourishes that look like parsley. There used to be seed pearls around the cameo but I don't really miss them. And the icing on the cake? There is a secret locket on the back. I'm keeping her for now.

Bon weekend! I'll see you on Monday for a big shop update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post