The best Christmas ever


We are having a baby! More specifically, we are having a baby boy. He'll probably look like some combination of little me (left) and little Soren (right) when he arrives around Christmas. I've spent the last three months worrying, napping and eating lots of snacks. And transitioning to stretchy-waist pants, of course. No belly photo to share yet - I pretty much just look like I've spent the spring enjoying too much beer. Not cute at all.

It has taken a while for us to get to this point and Soren and I feel very grateful that we finally get to be parents. One of the most difficult things for me as we worked to start a family was trying not to be painfully, bitterly jealous of other women/moms. That's the ugly truth. Long story short: I am keenly aware that just because I'm expecting doesn't mean you are or that you particularly care a lot about it. So I promise that while I will occasionally share some baby news here with you, I'll keep my focus on Jean Jean Vintage. So please don't run for the hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post