Home » Rings » kal-SEH-doh-nee
kal-SEH-doh-nee
Up until about a week ago, there was a tiny antique shop about five blocks from my house here in California. Kind of a dream, I know! Unfortunately, it just closed after nearly 35 years of business. The owner was a spunky woman named Diane who just happened to have an amazing collection of antique jewelry. I visited several times and never left empty handed. The last time I visited I bought two things for myself - a 1930s chalcedony (pronounced kal-SEH-doh-nee) cocktail ring and matching pendant. I love how the stones have a waxy luster and a cloudy semi-transparency. Chalcedony was popular during the Art Deco period, but not as popular as other quartz gemstones like carnelian, chrysoprase and onyx. I rarely see vintage (blue) chalcedony jewelry on the market so I am pretty excited, needless to say!
There is a pretty faux chalcedony Art Deco ring in the shop here.
Popular Post
-
Kondisi normal, baru stok lama. Automatic Enicar Ocean Pearl, Swiss 167-50-03 Kaca/mika segi enam. Minat koleksi jam tangan ? Contact :...
-
Arloji lawas Bulova. Fungsi normal. Mesin kuning tertulis : BULOVA 1413.10 SEVENTEEN 17 JEWELS SWISS. Kontak : S O L D
-
GIR BURGERS ORI ADA LAMBANG ENR, 400RB GIR DEPAN SIMPLEX GIR DEPAN SIMPLEX NGEREL, 150RB GIR DEPAN UNION 225RB GIR DEPAN HERO, 80rb GIR DEPA...
-
Kaca Patri Antik Art Deco Kesan kuno diperdalam dengan kaca patri motif lawas yang mempesona, yang pada masa itu menghias bangunan-bangunan ...
No comments:
Post a Comment