More of that jet, please



The star of this outfit is the brooch, which is a ca. 1880s French jet (i.e. antique black glass) Victorian mourning pin. I found it in Kansas about a year ago and it is one of the superstars of my jewelry box. I wish I could find more like it. I love the back, with the telltale tube hinge and "c" catch. I paired it here with an equally lovely pair of glass earrings.

Also, I have decided that I need about three more spring trench coats. If you have any advice on where to find some nice ones that don't cost a fortune, please let me know!

Jacket || hand-me-down by Beth Bowley
Shirt || hand-me-down envelope collar sweater
Pants || Zara
Boots || Dear Golden Vintage
Brooch || 1880s French jet mourning pin
Earrings || 1940s faceted glass drops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post