The collection grows






We've chatted about my love for antique coin holders before. After mourning jewelry and buckle rings, I do believe coin cases take third place in the list of things that make me bonkers. Since our last visit on the topic, I've added a couple of pieces to my collection. They have different metals, shapes and capacities. The large piece is actually a vanity case, complete with a mirror, a bill or card clip, coin holders and a tiny compartment. The vanity case and the other silver-looking piece are marked "German Silver," which I recently learned is not silver at all but actually an alloy of copper, nickel and zinc. Anyway, if you are watching Antiques Roadshow in about 35 years and a white-haired lady wearing lots of old jewelry comes on with a sackful of these things, you can bet it is me. Especially if I'm all weepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post