Dare to be different: Asian edition

I usually don't gravitate to Asian influence in my decorating or jewelry accessories. Typically, I like French or English inspired antiques with a hint of modern flair. But as I've been setting up for Cherche' parties, I've noticed all of the accessories I carry are Asian inspired! You may remember this onyx piece and this Chinese shoe scrapper. (Please note: To be politically correct, I should probably be using the term "Indian" instead of Asian, right? Hope you're not offended. All this PC stuff is so ridiculous anyway.)

Moving on. I find the more I shop, the more eclectic my taste becomes. It's interesting that way. Just like antiques are: interesting. I like primitive and modern. French and Asian. I like to mix it all up.

If you like to mix it all up too, here's some ideas for you:

This is a brilliant jade pendant. My cousin's sweet, wonderful gorgeous fiancee', Nicola, told me a little about jade that her grandmother taught her. She told me that jade is thought to bring good luck to those who wear it. Supposedly, if the jade breaks, a bad accident was supposed to happen to you, but the jade protected you. I think that's so interesting to know about, but I take these theories with a grain of salt. I already know where my protection and help come from.



I just love these wooden, Asian-inspired carvings. An interesting way to decorate!

There's plenty more accessories that I have to share with you. Maybe I'll start looking for French antiques next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post