"I'm walking to New Orleans" with my earrings on

You know what I love?

I love going to New Orleans. I love the style, I love the eclectic feel, and I love Louis Armstrong and Fats Domino, among other things.  I am about to experience something about New Orleans that I've never been a part of: White Linen Night.

 




Here's an excerpt from neworleansonline.com about White Linen: 

"It's a free block party and everyone is invited!
Actually, it's a five-block party and, since it's the middle of the summer, partiers are invited to beat the heat in their coolest white outfits. It's the 16th Annual White Linen Night on Saturday evening, August 7. From 6-9 p.m. in the 300-800 blocks of Julia Street and along adjacent side streets, more than twenty art galleries will open their doors for casual strollers and art aficionados alike to browse and hopefully buy the works of some of New Orleans' finest artists. Since its founding in 1994, White Linen Night has become one of the highlights of the summer bringing in close to 20,000 people to the city's "Soho of the South." every first Saturday of August..."

Don't forget your accessories when packing for White Linen Night!


I'll leave you with one of my favorite doodles from A.Lee. We were eating dinner at a restaurant last year, and Andrew started sketching on the paper table cloth at my request. "Make me a jazz musician!" I think he did a pretty good job. I kept it all this while. 


"The moonlight on the bayou, a Creole tune, that fills the air. I dream of magnolias in bloom, and soon I'm wishing that you were there."

Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans. Louis Armstrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post